Russian Art Salon specializes in works of Russian artists and sculptors of the XIX-XX centuries. Over the past eighteen years, we have assisted in acquisition of rare and important Russian art by private, corporate and museum collections throughout Europe and the United States. We offer our clients Russian art of exceptional quality. We can help you to choose one work of art, to create a new collection, or to replenish an existing one. Our salon also has a certain number of important works of European and American artists.
The wide interest in Russian art allover the world and record prices of works are creating unique investment opportunities for private and corporate collectors.
Russian Art Salon provides:
Free and confidential advice
Assistance in buying and selling works of art
Expert assessments of individual works of art or entire collections
Assistance in establishment and replenishment of your collection
Russian Art Salon is also interested in acquiring individual works of art and entire collections of XIX-XX century’s Russian art.
Po Box 1126
New York, New York 10028 USA
Tel: +1-6462668071 Fax: +1-212-656-1317
By Appointment Only
Send Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECENT EXHIBITIONS WE PARTICIPATED
'The Steins Collect: Matisse, Picasso, and the Parisian Avant-Garde.' This exhibition was on view at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Grand Palais in Paris, and The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York in 2011 and 2012.
“American Artists from the Russian Empire” State Russian Museum, Saint-Petersburg, Tretiakov Gallery Moscow 2009
“A Time to Gather… Russian Art From Foreign Private collections”, State Russian Museum, Saint-Petersburg , 2008
“A World of Stage”, April- October 2007, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Japan
Russkoe iskusstvo 4 2015 Schedrinski f.pdf
Josef Brodsky Fund charitable event at our Gallery 22.9.2016
Interview RTN 1hr 11.11.16 - please use following two links sequentially on Youtu.be.com:
https://youtu.be/4oD8pazKtA8 (video starts after 2 min of black screen)
• Since WE ARE A BAILEE ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE SELLER, we are not authorized nor do we have the expertise to give an expert opinion on the artwork on sale, even more so since some of these items have no provenance (all such items are sold as is). Therefore, most highly listed artists are sold as described, giving the buyer an opportunity to research the artwork that was purchased at a price well below the artist's auction records.
In case when we have COA or other similar documentation it is shown in an auction description and will be delivered to you together with the item for your personal examination.
• Unless otherwise described in the listing, all sales have a 72 hour inspection period which begins at the time of delivery. BUYERS REMORSE IS NOT COVERED. • After the 72 hours, the consignor will be paid and no refunds will be honored.
• All dimensions are approximate.
• International Buyers: we will not write "gift" or other misleading information on custom forms.
• In the event that an item is listed with incorrect information due to any type of error, we nor the consignor shall not be held liable.
• We recognize the risk to art buyers on the Internet: Are the pieces really as advertised? We want you, our buyers, to have peace of mind that your money is being well spent. We give you 72 hours (3 days) after receiving your purchase to determine and satisfy yourself that the artwork is as described. Please use your three days wisely, as we pay consignors on the fourth day after you receive your artwork, and we are therefore unable to give refunds after that time.
• The artwork has been expertly examined to include all or some of the following particulars to the item listed: black-lighting, signatures micro scoped, irregular crackers, and signatures compared to known examples of artist signature. Canvas checked to be "Of the Period". "Painting Style" compared to examples of artists work. Therefore, in the seller's best judgment, it probably was executed by the artist stated. Keep in mind that examinations are subjective and can vary from expert to expert.
• Guarantee of Condition. Please note that many of the pieces offered are old and may have been restored, reconditioned or have defects that come with years of age and use. In the description we try to give our general opinion of the condition of the work, but these remarks are solely our opinion as well as that of the seller and are not intended to be neither exhaustive nor all-inclusive. Consequently, all works are sold with existing defects of condition, regardless of whether these defects are or are not noted in the description. We will do our best in describing the condition - but descriptions of condition are subjective and are not guaranteed. NO RETURNS will be allowed and NO REFUNDS offered for reasons of condition.
• Buyers remorse (change of mind) is not covered.
• We accept the following form of payment: Bank Wire Transfer.
• Personal and Business Checks are not accepted.
• New York Residents must add 8.875% sales tax.
• Paypal is also accepted - ONLY UP TO $1000 - (YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A Paypal registered member to pay with a credit card over their website) – email address for payment there is email@example.com (please add 4% to your total). Official PayPal Seal
• We mostly ship with USPS expedited mail for USA addresses and for International addresses. We do use UPS or Fedex on occasions. Shipping shall be at the sole discretion of the seller or its agent.
• Since we can not guarantee shippers handling of the items, insurance is a requirement. This protects both the buyer and the seller.
• Buyer is responsible for all shipping, handling and insurance costs.
• All items are processed for shipping on Thursday and shipped on Friday after payment is received. (Also see payment instructions)
• We must be notified by email within the 72 hour inspection period of the request for a refund. The 72 hour time stamp starts at the time noted by the shipper. • Refund of the purchase price only. Refund is processed in 5 business days after receipt of returned item.
• Shipping, handling and insurance costs are non-refundable.
• Item must be returned in the same condition as we have shipped it.
• In the case (important items) when the item has come to you with a protective seal attached, DO NOT detach the seal if you are considering a possibility of return. Items with detached or broken seals are not refunded.
• A full detailed description is required for reason of the return. This is a requirement before sending the piece back and before the refund is processed.
• Do not return the item until a Return Authorization Number (R.A.N.) is given. One will be given after reasons of refund request has been received and approved. Buyer will have 4 days after receipt of the R.A.N. to return item to seller (does not include shipping time). If shipping tracking number is not received and verified within the 4 days then this transaction will be considered complete and accepted by the buyer and no refunds will be given after the 4th day. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE WITH THIS RETURN POLICY.
• Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs and insurance. Return Insurance is a requirement. This covers the risk of the buyer and seller in the event of improper handling by the shipper. If no insurance is purchased, then the buyer assumes all risk and liability of the shipper for return to seller or its agent. This means potential loss of refund if received damaged and no insurance purchased. Therefore, package the item well and insure it.
1. BINDING TERMS. The lot listed here is offered by RUSSIANARTSALON.COM as owner or as agent for consignor subject to the following terms and conditions. Where RUSSIANARTSALON.COM is agent, the contract is between seller and buyer. The following Conditions of Sale constitute the entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property listed on this website. By ordering an item you agree to be bound by these terms:
2. AS IS. All lots are sold “AS IS” and without recourse and neither RUSSIANARTSALON.COM nor its consignor makes any warranties or representations, express or implied, with respect to such lots, except for the limited warranties expressly stated in the Limited Warranties section of this description. Prospective buyers are strongly advised to examine personally in NY City any property in which they are interested, before buying (by appointment only - please call 212-628-1788), to determine its condition, size, and whether or not it has been repaired or restored. Neither RUSSIANARTSALON.COM nor its consignor makes any express or implied warranty or representation of any kind or nature with respect to merchantability, fitness for purpose, correctness of the description of the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, material, genuineness, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, exhibitions, literature or historical significance of any lot sold. The absence of any reference to the condition of a lot does not imply that the lot is in COMMENSURATE WITH AGE FINE CONDITION or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging; nor does a reference to particular defects imply the absence of others. References in the description to damage or restoration are for guidance only and should be evaluated by personal inspection by the buyer or a knowledgeable representative. The Conditions of Sale are controlling, and no statement, whether written or oral, and whether made in an item description, or otherwise, shall be deemed to create any warranty, representation or assumption of liability. All statements by RUSSIANARTSALON.COM in an item description, are statements of opinion and are not to be relied on as statements of fact. Neither RUSSIANARTSALON.COM nor the seller is responsible in any way for errors or omissions in the description or any supplemental material. Buyers are responsible for satisfying themselves concerning the condition of the property and the matters referred to in the description entry. RUSSIANARTSALON.COM and its consignor make no warranty or representation, express or implied, that the purchaser will acquire any copyright or reproduction rights to any lot sold. RUSSIANARTSALON.COM expressly reserves the right to reproduce any image of the lots sold in its description. The copyright in all images, illustrations and written material produced by or for RUSSIANARTSALON.COM relating to a lot, including the contents of its description, is, and shall remain at all times, the property of RUSSIANARTSALON.COM and shall not be used by the buyer, nor by anyone else, without our prior written consent.
3. WITHDRAWAL. RUSSIANARTSALON.COM reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the placement of the order for such lot and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
4. PURCHASER’S RESPONSIBILITY Title passes upon the time of the order has been placed, subject to the conditions of sale set forth herein. Buyer thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility therefore (including, without limitation, liability for or damage to frames and glass covering prints, paintings or other works). When placing an order buyer is accepting personal liability to pay the purchase price as follows plus shipment and handling. The balance of the purchase price, if any, will be paid not later than 5 p.m. seven (7) days following the day of the order placement. Such payment shall be made in U.S. dollars by wire transfer in accordance with invoice wire instructions unless other arrangements are made with RUSSIANARTSALON.COM. The buyer will not acquire title to the lot until we have received all amounts due to us from the buyer in good cleared funds even in circumstances where we have released the lot to the buyer.
5. LIMITED LIABILITY If for any cause a purchased lot cannot be delivered in as good condition as at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or mis-delivered or lost prior to delivery, RUSSIANARTSALON.COM shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not it have been fulfilled or recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and RUSSIANARTSALON.COM will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
6. RESERVATIONS AND LAYAWAY PLANS. After an order have been made by a customer (by e-mail, phone, fax etc) the item/items in question are considered reserved for 5 business days pending the payment. If the payment have not been received in 5 business days - the reservation is considered void. To get a reservation for a longer term (up to two calendar months) a customer need to make a down-payment in an amount constituting 10% of the total in question. If the payment in full have not been received in two calendar months the down-payment is considered forfeited and the reservation cancelled. Three or six months layaway plans are available on all items from this site with 1/3 down payment
7. GLOSSARY. The term counterfeit is defined as a modern fake or forgery, made less than fifty years ago, and made with the intent to deceive. The authenticity of signatures, monograms, initials or other similar indicia of authorship is expressly excluded as a controlling factor in determining whether a work is a counterfeit under the meaning of these Conditions of Sale.
8. WAIVER OF CONDITIONS Any and all of these conditions may be waived or modified in the sole discretion of RUSSIANARTSALON.COM. The Conditions of Sale, the glossary, if any, and all other contents of this description are subject to amendment by us by additional notes added to the description prior the sale.
9. All measurements and weight are approximate. RUSSIANARTSALON.COM is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings and other works or frames regardless of cause.
9. If any part of these Conditions of Sale is found by any court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the balance of the conditions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. The rights and obligations of the parties with respect to these Conditions of Sale, as well as the purchaser’s and our respective rights and obligations hereunder, the conduct of the sale and any matters connected with any of the foregoing, shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of New York. By placing an order, the buyer shall be deemed to have submitted, for the benefit of RUSSIANARTSALON.COM, to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in the state and county of New York and waives any objection to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court.
Within 14 days after purchase and receipt of your item we offer a 100% money back guarantee (besides of the items sold as is). The 3 days immediately after receipt of your piece is an unconditional return - no reason required, the days following (11 remaining) will have to be accompanied by an evaluation. Please note the piece has to be evaluated by a reputable authority (preferably a gallery or antique store, you DO NOT buy from, as there will be a conflict of interest and not an honest evaluation given) and proves not to be as stated on our web site (we must be provided with a signed document from the authority issuing the evaluation, with a contact phone number) - then a full refund will be given. The art must be returned first to us and then the refund check will be sent or if paying by a credit card, your credit card will be refunded only after we have received the art back (minus S&H). All sales are final after 14 days of receipt of your item(s), no exceptions for any reasons.